Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Three lions lack bite or any roar!

I will never learn! Every time I suffer another woeful English footballing performance, and every time I say I will never watch such rubbish again. And yet, glutton for punishment, I always settle down in my armchair, with a beer or two, to watch a bunch of overpaid, second-rate English footballers put two fingers up to a loyal, expectant and hopeful nation.

All we ask for is a performance from eleven players proud to wear the three lions; but all we ever get is two fingers thrown at us with total contempt. If this bunch of so-called professionals are running their hearts out for the cause, then clearly they lack talent and will never be able to compete with the worlds best on the international footballing stage. Not wishing to single out one player for criticism alone, but take Darren Bent. Is he a world-class player? I don't think so! He may be an average premier league player but he will never be world-class. Oh and just remember the best football team in England were recently given a footballing lesson by Barcelona. How many players from England's best team were in the national starting eleven against Switzerland at Wembley on Saturday? I can only think of one.

Having recovered from giving the Swiss a two goal head start, Bent had two excellent opportunities to win the game for England, but he fluffed his lines. The second chance in particular was not far from being an open goal. That said he wasn't alone; the rest of them were just as woeful. Mind you if there is one certainty in life, having sat through another 90 minutes of absolute mediocre rubbish, come the next game, no doubt I'll once again assume the position in the armchair in front of the TV, deaf to the pleas of cutting the grass, oh, and with a couple of beers to once again drown my sorrows. And yet I just know my hopes and expectations will be shattered all over again. C'mon ENGLAND!! Please step up to the plate and give us all something to shout about. Sometimes I wish I was Scottish. At least they've got some sense; they gave up on their national team years ago.

https://sites.google.com/site/sportzzdailytips/

No comments:

Post a Comment